healthtechx.com.au Pty Ltd ABN 94 126 802 426 (we, our and us) is committed to responsible privacy practices and to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act).
This policy describes how we manage personal information including how we collect personal information, the purposes for which we use this information, and to whom this information is disclosed.
Where applicable, we will rely on the employee records exemption in the Privacy Act and any other applicable exemptions in the Privacy Act or other legislation.
What is personal information?
In this policy, “personal information” has the meaning set out in the Privacy Act. Essentially, personal information is information or an opinion about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable.
Kinds of personal information we collect and hold
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold include:
• website visitors’ contact information (such as their name, phone number and e-mail address);
• contact details and credit card and debit card details for individuals who are permitted to us any HealthTechX online applications;
• information about the HealthTechX community members that use HealthTechx’s online applications associated with engaging with community members for any purpose including member communication and event management;
• information about other community members that is entered in HealthTechX’s online application by members that use the community application;
• information about individuals who apply for a job with us, such as their name, contact details, experience, qualifications and training, academic results and current salary; and
• information about individuals who are suppliers to us, or are employed or engaged by a supplier to us.
We may also collect other kinds of personal information as permitted or required by law.
Purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information include the following:
• to operate the HealthTechX member community, including processing data entered in the application and making the application available to individuals who are permitted to use it;
• to consider job applications by individuals who apply for a job with us;
• to deal with our suppliers;
• to send individuals news, information about our activities and general promotional material which we believe may be useful to them;
• to monitor who is accessing our website or using services offered on the website; and
• to profile the type of people accessing our website and community activities.
We may also use or disclose your personal information for other purposes to which you have consented or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
You can unsubscribe from our direct marketing by contacting us using the contact details below or following the instructions in a direct marketing communication.
To whom do we disclose personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with the purposes described above.
This may include disclosing your personal information to the following types of third parties:
• service providers who assist us with our activities, such as website hosts, IT back-up service providers, and other IT or payment service providers;
• our other contractors (including marketing agencies, insurance providers and professional advisers);
• any third parties to whom you have directed or permitted us to disclose your personal information (e.g. referees);
• in the unlikely event that HealthTechX or its assets may be acquired or considered for acquisition by a third party, that third party and its advisors;
• third parties that require the information for law enforcement or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; and
• otherwise as permitted or required by law.
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties with whom we have a business relationship we will use reasonable commercial efforts to ensure that such third parties only use your personal information as reasonably required for the purpose we disclosed it to them and in a manner consistent with the Privacy Act, for example by (where commercially practical) including suitable privacy and confidentiality clauses in our agreement with a third party service provider to whom we disclose your personal information.
To assist us in improving our products and services, we monitor aggregated data that is collected by our website and by the HealthTechX’s online applications and may share this with third parties collectively and in an anonymous way. This data will not reveal personal information.
How we collect personal information
HealthTechX collects personal information in a number of ways. The most common ways we collect your personal information are:
• directly from you when you provide it to us or our contractors;
• via our website or when you deal with us online (including through social media);
• from publicly available sources; and
• from third parties (for example, from referees if you apply for a position as an employee or contractor with us).
We use “cookies” on our website which enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit the site. A cookie does not identify you personally but it does identify your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
HealthTechX will take reasonable steps to keep any personal information we hold about you secure. However, except to the extent liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of statute, we exclude all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to, disclosure of, misuse of or loss or corruption of your personal information.
Nothing in this policy restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
How you may access personal information we hold about you and seek correction of it
You may seek access to personal information which HealthTechX holds about you by contacting us using the contact details below. We will provide access to that information in accordance with the Privacy Act, subject to certain exemptions which may apply. We may require that the person requesting access provides suitable identification and where permitted by law we may charge an administration fee for granting access to your personal information.
If you become aware that any personal information we hold about you is incorrect or if you wish to update your information, please contact us using the contact details below.
How you may complain about a privacy breach
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about our collection, use or disclosure of personal information, or if you believe that we have not complied with this policy or the Privacy Act, please contact us using the contact details below.
HealthTechX will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need.
Our contact details
You can contact us at:
HealthTechX Privacy Officer
P.O. Box 348
Moonee Ponds, Vic, 3039
OR, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time. At any time, the latest version of this policy is available from our website at www.healthtechx.com.au
This version of this policy is dated August 2019.