Catharine Nixon and Kayci Scaggs are the co-founders of the Vitamin C Blog. With a combined background of healthcare and marketing, Catharine and Kayci have created an online platform focused on facilitating connections between health industry experts and consumers seeking simplified and seamless healthcare support and content.
Through twenty-five years working as a registered nurse in public, private and corporate spaces, Catharine wanted to help consumers be more successful in their health journeys. Teaming up with Kayci, who has a marketing background and a passion for helping people improve their lifestyle choices, the Vitamin C Blog was born. The Vitamin C Blog is a growing platform with a goal to span across industries, connect consumers directly to top healthcare professionals and eventually become a driving force in tackling the rise of chronic illness.
Acknowledging the ‘white coat syndrome’, Catharine and Kayci are passionate about empowering people to take control of their health journey through making information easily available, relatable and accessible. They discuss their road map for 2020, upcoming events, direct engagement programs and the ‘Experts Corner’, a place where consumers can connect with personally vetted healthcare practitioners with a click of a button.
- Gut health is integral to many aspects of your health, and your gut’s survival is based on what you put in your mouth.
- People may have the same type of goal, but the journey to get there is going to be very different. Direct engagement programs can be tailored to work with the individual.
- There’s a stigma around food that’s good for you not tasting good, and this needs to be addressed and changed.
- It’s easy for health information to be inaccessible and incomprehensible to the average consumer. But health information can be inspiring, interesting and empowering!
- Chronic illness is a growing problem in Australia that needs to be addressed. Modern medicine, although amazing, isn’t enough to tackle this problem.
Resources and links: